SSA is always looking for new players to tryout for our current and newly formed teams!
About SSA Tryouts
SSA tryouts happen around May/June of each year.
The object of the tryout is to collect information that will help us select the most appropriate players for the Sacramento Soccer Alliance teams. We recognize that tryouts can be a stressful event. We hope to take the stress out of it by using qualified trainers and keeping the sessions challenging, fun and with a quick pace. Our coaches are looking for athletic, motivated players, and understand the physical, technical and mental attributes of kids in their age group. The club’s philosophy is to DEVELOP THE PLAYER OVER TIME. We understand that it’s OK to make mistakes.
What to Bring & Registration Check In
Here are a few key reminders for the day of tryouts:
- Check-in begins a half hour before tryouts at the registration table.
- Tryout participants MUST NOT wear any club or league uniforms or shirts. A plain white top is preferred.
- Players should bring a properly inflated ball with their name and phone number on the ball, shin guards, cleats, and water.
- Players will be assigned a training vest which must be returned after the tryouts are completed.
- The Director Of Coaching (DOC) and trainers will call participants when tryout session begin
- Players must join in the warm-up exercises and follow instructions for the various tryout events.
- Please do not leave the field early unless you first notify the registration table, as the SSA President will be meeting with parents after tryouts begin.
- Be sure to take all your belongings with you when you leave.
What We Evaluate at Tryouts
Coaches will be evaluating:
- Athletic ability: speed, quickness, endurance
- Soccer skill and aptitude: ball control, passing, shooting, defending, off-the-ball play
- Attitude: drive & energy, desire to play competitive soccer, teamwork, coach-ability, sportsmanship
Please understand that a limited number of players will be invited to join SSA Teams. Not everyone will be able to “make it,” even some very good players. Selection will be based on your child’s tryout performance based on subjective judgments by SSA. If invited, you make the final decision on whether or not to join the team.
Notification of Results
Notification of tryout results will occur the evening after your child tries out for a team via the e-mails provided at registration. Individual coaches will then reach out no later than a week later with specific team details.
What if my child has already signed up for a youth soccer program?
If you have enrolled your child with the Land Park youth soccer program for this fall season, the club will refund the rec registration fees paid prior to your player being accepted to an SSA team
Should your child not make an SSA team this year, but would like to play for Land Park, Land Park will waive the late fee charges for registration with their clubs this season.