2018 TRYOUT INFORMATION
Tryouts for the 2018 season are officially OPEN! Tryouts will be held at Conlin Youth Sports Complex with the following schedule:
Please note: Tryout times are broken out specifically by age in the registration form. The below times are just ranges to give a general overview only.
- 9U (birth year 2010) - 14U (birth year 2005)
- Saturday May 12th from 9am-4:30pm
- Monday May 14th from 5:30-8:15pm
- Tuesday May 15th from 5:30-8:15pm
- 15U (birth year 2004) - 17U (birth year 2002) begin the week of June 4th.
- Specific date and time coming soon.
Please read the below and then complete the application to hold a tryout spot for the 2018 season. This does not guarantee a spot on an SSA team but is for tryouts only.
ALL PLAYERS RETURNING AND NEW, must register for at least one tryout. Thank you.
The object of the tryout is to collect information that will help us select the most appropriate players for the 2018 Sacramento Soccer Alliance teams. We recognize that tryouts can be a stressful event. We hope to take the stress out of it by using qualified trainers and keeping the sessions challenging, fun and with a quick pace. Our coaches are looking for athletic, motivated players, and understand the physical, technical and mental attributes of kids in their age group. The club’s philosophy is to DEVELOP THE PLAYER OVER TIME. We understand that it’s OK to make mistakes. To learn more download the Tryout Information Flyer here.
- Check-in begins a half an hour before tryouts begin at the registration table
- Your child will be assigned a # pinny and will wear for the duration of the tryout. Pinny must be returned after the tryouts are completed
Coaching will be evaluating:
- Athletic ability: speed, quickness, endurance
- Soccer skill and aptitude: ball control, passing, shooting, defending, off-the-ball play
- Attitude: drive & energy, desire to play competitive soccer, teamwork, coach-ability, sportsmanship
Please understand that a limited number of players will be invited to join SSA Teams. Not everyone will be able to “make it,” even some very good players. Selection will be based on evaluation of the tryout events and subjective judgments by coaches. The coaches decide which players will be invited to join the team. If invited, you make the final decision on whether or not to join the team.
We are currently reviewing our club policy on tryout notifications. More information coming soon.
If you have enrolled your child with either the Greenhaven or Land Park youth soccer programs for this fall season, both clubs will:
- Refund the rec registration fees paid prior to your player being accepted to an SSA team
Should your child not make an SSA team this year, but would like to play for either Greenhaven or Land Park:
- Both programs will waive the late fee charges for registration with their clubs this season