2018 TRYOUT INFORMATION
Tryout registration for 9U-14U is closed but players can register/walk on the day of tryouts. 15U and up registrion is still open. Please pre-register now.
Tryouts will be held at Conlin Youth Sports Complex with the following schedule:
Please note: Tryout times are broken out specifically by age with full details found here. The below times are just ranges to give a general overview only.
- 9U (birth year 2010) - 14U (birth year 2005)
- Saturday May 12th from 9am-4:30pm
- Monday May 14th from 5:30-8:15pm
- Tuesday May 15th from 5:30-8:15pm
- 15U (birth year 2004) - 17U (birth year 2002) begin the week of June 4th.
- Specific date and time coming soon.
Please read the below and then complete the application to hold a tryout spot for the 2018 season. This does not guarantee a spot on an SSA team but is for tryouts only.
ALL PLAYERS RETURNING AND NEW, must register for at least one tryout. Thank you.
The object of the tryout is to collect information that will help us select the most appropriate players for the 2018 Sacramento Soccer Alliance teams. We recognize that tryouts can be a stressful event. We hope to take the stress out of it by using qualified trainers and keeping the sessions challenging, fun and with a quick pace. Our coaches are looking for athletic, motivated players, and understand the physical, technical and mental attributes of kids in their age group. The club’s philosophy is to DEVELOP THE PLAYER OVER TIME. We understand that it’s OK to make mistakes. To learn more download the Tryout Information Flyer here.
Here are a few key reminders for the day of tryouts
- Check-in begins a half hour before tryouts at the registration table
- Tryouts participants MUST NOT wear any club or league uniforms or shirts. A plain white top is preferred
- Players should bring a properly inflated ball with their name and phone number on the ball, shin guards, cleats and water
- Players will be assigned a penny which must be returned after the tryouts are completed
- The Director Of Coaching (DOC) and trainers will call participants when tryout session begin
- Players must join in the warm-up exercises and follow instructions for the various tryout events
- Please do not leave the field early unless you first notify the registration table, as the SSA President will be meeting with parents after tryouts begin
- Be sure to take all your belongings with you when you leave
Coaching will be evaluating:
- Athletic ability: speed, quickness, endurance
- Soccer skill and aptitude: ball control, passing, shooting, defending, off-the-ball play
- Attitude: drive & energy, desire to play competitive soccer, teamwork, coach-ability, sportsmanship
Please understand that a limited number of players will be invited to join SSA Teams. Not everyone will be able to “make it,” even some very good players. Selection will be based on your child’s tryout performance based on subjective judgments by SSA. If invited, you make the final decision on whether or not to join the team.
Notification of tryout results will occur the evening after your child tries out for a team via the e-mails provided at registration. Individual coaches will then reach out no later than a week later with specific team details.
If you have enrolled your child with either the Greenhaven or Land Park youth soccer programs for this fall season, both clubs will:
- Refund the rec registration fees paid prior to your player being accepted to an SSA team
Should your child not make an SSA team this year, but would like to play for either Greenhaven or Land Park:
- Both programs will waive the late fee charges for registration with their clubs this season